Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream

Hey everyone,

Today I will review the famous Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream. Due to the high price and popularity I had very high expectations. After using this for several months of using it day and night I feel like I can share with you my thoughts on this product.


The packaging is really nice, but the size of the box can be misleading. I thought that I would have a much larger pot inside so be sure to check the amount of oz/ml is in there. The pot is made of a porcelain like material and is quite heavy, which adds to the appeal of the product.


The application is somewhat different than what I am used to. Here you have to use the spatula to get the cream out of the pot and then you have to warm the product with your fingers. In the instructions it says that you must not rub it on your face, only pat it. This is more time consuming than usual, but that isn't a problem for me.
After application I noticed that it is much more greasy than my previous Chanel moisturizer and it takes much longer to get absorbed by my skin. After a few minutes most of the greasiness is gone and I continue with the rest of my skincare routine. It does a great job of moisturizing my skin for the rest of the day without the need of using blotting papers.

Even though I really like this product, I don't think I will repurchase due to the high price and the fact that I have to wait for it to get absorbed. I will just stick to my Chanel Hydra Beauty Cream, which performs how I want it to.

xoxo Dutch Gurl

No comments:

Post a Comment